Monday, May 26, 2008

the yucky foot cream...

So this afternoon I’m on the search for some normal body lotion, and I come across some 'spa foot cream.' That just sounds gross. As soon as I touched the bottle I immediately felt the need to wash my hands…I don’t know if any of you are like this, or maybe I’m just a bit of a germaphobic. But anytime I touch something remotely yucky or especially sticky I feel the need to wash my hands. So anyways…I pick up this foot cream and I think, “What? Sick! I don’t want foot cream – I’m looking for lotion…” After putting down the yucky foot cream, I began to think, “hmm I wonder if this is really as gross as I'm thinking it to be...” So after washing my hands, and finding some real lotion, I proceeded to think, “hmm…maybe foot cream really isn’t that disgusting. Maybe it’s just the label that makes me think of it that way.” …And it was. There wasn’t any yucky foot stuff in the cream, it was just simple cream. It was my perception of the foot cream and it’s purpose that got me grossed out…well, feet just gross me out. Ha…
That got me thinking…sometimes we can even do that to ourselves. We limit ourselves to what we think our ‘label’ or ‘abilities’ are. In this case, the foot creams ability & label of course, was foot cream. But if we aren’t careful, sometimes it’s easy to put one on yourself that limits you to fully be who you are…or who you want to become.

Think about the label you put on yourself…don’t be like the foot cream.
Beee yourself.

No comments: